Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello people
Hi Tom, had that happen to me too, I'd not long passed my class 1 and was driving a 38 tonne Volvo F10 with a 3 axle tractor unit and 6 wheel tipper trailer, now this was before the legislation came in that lorries had to be fitted with side bars, not that that applies to tippers, 5.00 pm late summer heading south out of Dunstable on the A5 with the last load of ballast back to Wembley, I was in very slow moving traffic and had stopped with the gap between the trailer jockey wheels and the main wheels at the lefthand side of a small residential street , I felt a faint nudge and looked in my l/h mirror, lo and behold a woman in a volvo had put her car straight under the trailer. I put on my hazards and went back to look at the situation, exactly the same thing was said , to which I replied that I'd be sending her the bill for the any damage as my gaffer was of the old skool who made his drivers drive carefully or cough up for any dinks and scrapes and how would she like to explain her state of inebriation to the police who were at that moment on the way to investigate the incident, she must have been drinking cos she went white and reversed sharply backwards into a car waiting behind, the traffic had moved on, I did.nt hang about but got into the wagon and cleared off, no damage had been done to the trailer, not even a mark and I never heard anything more about the incident I learned a good lesson early on that the best way to handle any situation is to keep your cool. Johnny
ha ha hope the police sorted out the stupid woman, some drivers' stupidity leaves me speechless.
testing testing