Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone newbee here
Helen Wrote:hi Gary,
Yes I'm recovering well thanks. I limp a little sometimes. My leg is quite numb in places, and painful in others. I stopped myself with my knee against an upright post at 55mph! so my knee took the impact, then my new Caberg lid hit the next post and the hornet's tank the third. I wrote the bike off and now have a Yamaha xj600s (Diversion) which is very old but quite nice. My leg was in a splint for 9 weeks and I was off work for just 3 months, but I'm not too bad now. I got off lightly and was lucky in that I was riding in Sweden at the time and they are the best orthhopedic surgeons in the world. Even my consultant at Heatherwood said that!
As for riding .. well I don't think it has affected the way I ride. I wasn't very experienced before and the accident was a lack of concentration on my part so It was not so much a riding error, if you see what I mean. It was 4 months before I got back on the bike and Ive done a few hundred miles so far so I'm improving. Getting more relaxed on the bike which is good. I owe an awful lot to the wonderful physio I had, from the British Olympic Rowing team's physio in Reading and I would defo recommend her.

Are you back riding again now? Are you better?

Helen

Hi Helen

Getting better has been a slow process for me. I have had six ops so far and might still need one more on my leg. One the third op died on the op table.
I have been left disabled in my right arm and right leg,so I very much doubt if I will ever be able to ride again, which is unfortunate as I used to teach people to ride bikes.
The bike I was riding, Pan European was a total write off, but I do still have a 53 plate Kawasaki Z1000 in orange in the garage which I have had from new.
For some strange reason cant bring myself to sell it just yet.

take care

Gary

Messages In This Thread
Hi everyone newbee here - by madkoka - 15/04, 09:04 PM
RE: Hi everyone newbee here - by PeteSa - 15/04, 09:40 PM
RE: Hi everyone newbee here - by Helen - 18/04, 06:18 PM
RE: Hi everyone newbee here - by madkoka - 18/04, 10:10 PM
RE: Hi everyone newbee here - by Helen - 18/04, 10:49 PM
RE: Hi everyone newbee here - by madkoka - 18/04, 11:08 PM
RE: Hi everyone newbee here - by Helen - 22/04, 09:46 PM
RE: Hi everyone newbee here - by madkoka - 23/04, 10:26 AM
RE: Hi everyone newbee here - by PeteSa - 25/04, 11:36 AM