Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello All
Thumper here from BCUK, for some reason it uses my other log-in Rolleyes

The forums a great idea Pete. I had a bad accident in 2002 when I was still new to biking and wish I had some bikers to talk to. Some bikers get up brush themselves off and laugh about it but others are really affected by it.

Without the support of my family and some biker friends I would have given the bikes up.

I am sure you will support a great number of people and congratulations for getting back in the saddle yourself. It takes gutts ;)
Hey Thumper!

I know what you mean - it took me an awfully long time to brush myself off too.. (about a year) As you say, it's a bit difficult to laugh about it when it's like that (well... impossible actually!) Sorry to hear you had an accident a few years ago but very glad you're OK and were fully supported by friends & family getting out of it. Nice one.

Not back in the saddle mate, got a few hurdles to jump.. take care & chat soon
Oooops my mistake, thought you were back out on the Blade.

Thats OK, after what you went through I think most people would give up, so you keep going and with time you'll get there ;)

My accident changed me and my riding a lot. I am a lot slower now and absolutely detest riding in groups after 2 more accidents of being hit in the rear. I must have a bullseye attached to my butt or something Rolleyes

On the other hand I don't like riding on my own either and after moving from Brighton to Milton Keynes I lost all my riding buddies so the mileage has dropped off and I'm saving a fortune on tyres!

My accident was on the 3rd May 2002 so as you can see it was a good while ago. I just take things slowly and learn to ride at my own pace and never ever try to keep up with others.

FYI - My accident was on my first big bike, an FZR600R, I'd had it 20 minutes and was shunted by a people carrier while at a junction. Bike was written off but later repaired and put back on the road, I was lucky to have some cracked vertebra in my back, a disclocated hip and minor concussion.

Since then I had an ex boyfriend ride into the back of me on my CBR400 and in September 2004 another ex boyfriend ride into the back of my brand new Z1000. Thankfully I didnt come off, they did, I didnt - still scared the heck outta me though.

I'm tellin ya, theres a bullseye somewhere
Blimey O'Reilley - sounds like quite a few thumps you've had Thumper!! Fair play for having the guts to keep re-applying and getting back onto two wheels - even if it is now markably a bit slower.

Mind you, if all these accidents have occured by people hitting you from behind, it doesn't sound like it's your actual speed that needs addressing here, but maybe theres..? Sounds to me like you've just been incredibly unlucky and my heart goes out to you big time mate..