Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello there
Hi there,

I'm Loctite aka Arron
I've been riding 12 years both on the track and road.
I was known for being an experienced rider and a good laugh.

I've had to now quit riding "for health reasons"
I got taken out last September by a woman driver who jumped
a red light. She t-boned me writing off my 1995 Urban tiger Blade.
She also dislocated my big toe and right knee, this caused the
anteria and posteria cruciate ligaments and colateral ligaments
in my right knee to snap. I had two operations to try to reconstruct
my knee, including transplant ligaments from a donnor. The knee was about 80% stable and I was then about to start physio. The doctor cleared me to drive and ride again. So I went out a few times and it felt ok to ride. Then Friday night a month ago I met another idiot driver.

I rounded a blind left hander in a 40 zone, I was doing about 30 when a woman in a drive way on the right handside decided to reverse across her side of the road and into my path without looking.
I was given meters to stop in. I ended hitting her mid pillar of her car and head butting the roof before being fliped over the car and landing twisted.

I've came away with an open book fracture of the pelvis, which has been opperated on and i'm currently wearing an external fixator pinned in 6 places into my hips. I also received a broken wrist.

Both me and my brilliant girlfriend Suzi are now giving up on bikes. She did have an 05 R6 and I had an extremly tricked up 05 Repsol FireBlade.

I'm lucky to be here after the second smash and even asked to die at the scene but no one wanted me yet. I'm going to be out of this fixator in 7 weeks and I'm going to stick to my other hobbies of Jet sking and scuba diving.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey there Arron,

Blimey - sounds like you've had to deal with a heck of a lot of things and been extremely lucky with how it's resulted in the end on both accounts. Fair play for all the effort it must have taken to recover (and probably still is) from these smashes - respect.

Bet you're well looking forward to being out in 7 weeks. Good luck with all of that and I hope all carries on and goes to plan - reckon a celebratory party is in order! Smilewinkgrin
Oh there is going to be one hell of a party!!!!

Just to let you know Pete, Nutty sent me here from the Fireblade site.
I think you got a email about my party and the ride out planned for me.

I'll be in my car
Biking 
Superb! Hope you have a wicked time mate.

Haven't received any emails from Nutty or the Fireblade site re parties I'm afraid. To be honest, I don't think will be able to make any sort of ride out, but thanku for the offer. I really do hope you all have a fantastic time.

Where abouts you planning on shooting off too?