Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
peek a BOO!
Hi,
I'm Adrian.
No Trike or Combi at the mo,
I'm wheely WHeely into motorbikes /trikes / combi's /camping / rallying / & I also like a selective range of certain types of cars / hot rods /trucks /boats.

whilst typing this post I'm currently occupying my 8 wheeler wheelchair with delux bordom. and a wish to be back out riding motorbikes.

I've been around motorbikes since a kid in the 1970's.
I like pushrod engines -Don't assume I'm meccanical I only know bits.

I'm hoping to build a trike soon but probabally won't be able to manage it on my own.

about 4 yrs ago I moved to a new area & still haven't found the local motorbike scene.

I done a bit of camping & rallies last year; my main problem with camping & ralies has been the lack of disabled toilet facilities.

I noted a few had the same problems; the rallies where there were no diabled facilities there were no other disabled people going according to the Rally organizers.
All the above will be better this year because I let it be known to many rallying clubs last year I intend on going to thier rallies & will require disabled toilets.

So, I better go away & look at the rest of your web site, I haven't done so as yet; therefore I'm not too sure yet if this is a place for an old disabled biker like me. (my disability was not caused whilst riding a motor-bike).
Hi there Adrian,

Place well found and welcome aboard mate! Thanks for getting in touch and sharing what's been happening to you. Sounds like you've really been through some tough times. I know what you mean - it's absolutely horrible to be taken away from something you love like biking. I'm just as passionate about it as well and it's incredibly annoying sitting around when you feel like you should be out enjoying a good ride.. Still, I guess it could be a lot worse

Trike sounds like a good idea - best of luck with that. Good to hear they're improving disabled facilities at events like that too, if one or two rallying clubs do it, it should catch on fast. Nice one for pushing.

Take it easy and speak soon,
Pete
yes, NABD are starting to get big about such stuff now.
I belong to other motorbike forums.
& when I read about your acciedent,
I thought how brave you are to talk about the mental side of it.

I have "memory bits missing" I think I've been lucky, I don't think I've lost anything important. I used to take photo's all the time hundreds of them. mum pulled them out & took me through a lot of them.
I don't talk about it.

My family were not helpful.
my medical treatment Partially lost & partially inconclusive.
The accident???
Quote: "may be the cause may be just a co-incidence you became disabilitated....".

My attitude:
This is not nice, but then most of lifes real adventures are not nice, and by overcomming these things will make me a stronger person inside & it also humbles me because I now see disability from a new perspective.
I haven't had it half as bad as you by the sounds of it, but I respect what you're saying there.  Yes, life has chucked some very bad adventures at people to have to deal with, but as you say, it's not all bad as these situations cause internal development over time of stronger personalities and greater humbleness.  There is no other way of dealing with stuff like this - I agree

adrian Wrote:My attitude:
This is not nice, but then most of lifes real adventures are not nice, and by overcomming these things will make me a stronger person inside & it also humbles me because I now see disability from a new perspective.
Well said my friend, sometimes people should actually look at the person in the wheelchair. I've been stuck in one temporally for the past year recovered from the first accident and was walking for two weeks before being hit again. Currently I'm bed ridden and will be for another 7 weeks. Once you've been disabled you realise how much of a struggle life can be.

I'll recover soon and I h pray you guys do too