Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blank periods
since my accident my memory has played games with me.....times can't even remember what someone said 5mins ago !!! tho do get flashbacks which is hell -real torture as their so Vivid. the diagnosis is PTSD( post traumatic Stress Disorder) feel bit alienated on this as don't know anyone who actually suffers from it OR any GP that does understand about it. so anyone suffering feel free to get in touch .guess with gettin older don't help either Smilewould be interestd in hearing your experiences best ~Stone
Microsoft are trying to develope a special video Image 24hour pendent to help people who are going through Similar memory problems.
They have been working on it for about 2years.
After they develop it, it will have to go through "trials" before it's decided if it's any use or not.

your still going through the rough stuff.....
lots of people are going through similar stuff but everyone handles it all so differently..............
your deffinately tackling this, although it's so hard....

The blank peroids are hard to handle.
It's the wondering what you've done during it which I found most worried people.
It's unlikely you did anything strange at all.

& the memory playing tricks is well, there's more to it.
& it's not just you.
no 2 people ever remember the same thing the same way.
before you had your brain opp. can you remember ever arguing with someone about something like football?

"he was off side at the football match"
& the other person arguing back
"He wasn't! I know, I was there mate!"
& you arguing back
"yes he was off side, I know because I got it on video & have whatched it through 4 times today!"

& the argument continues because you both recalled it differently?

There's been research done in UK & USA proving whittnesses to an act of violence, can have conflicting accounts to what they believe they saw & each whittness believes what they remember to be exactly the truth. yet when shown on video the event after they wrote what they believed they saw.
All whittnesses realized they had missed bits or added bits.
then they were asked they are asked to complete a task after which they are asked to write down a second version & in 50% the 2nd version is still not correct.

so you must be doing the right stuff I mean, you are noticing when your memory is playing tricks & when you have had a blank period.

hello

i have suffered memory probelms and that fact lost me my compensation as i couldn't confirm accureately the exact nature of the incident. and the fact that the person who knocked me off my bike moved the vehicles in their favour and then took photos which i now know to be illegal ..

not helped by the fact that the police filed a post dated police report and then omitted the dat and the signing officers signiture when they sent it to the solicitors.

any way my memory is improving i still find my self arguing against somthing that ive done and forgot or not done because i never remembered being asked in the first place. lizzy is getting used to this and going easier on me.

in hospital , i remember talking about the accident to a nurse she was sat there listning i looked over at the window saw the outside flick from day to night and back to day again like a light switch looked back and the nurse was gone.

cannot explain that

or the fact that i have 2 memorys for the same date march 2004
one memory is im in hospital and one im at home talking on the net to a friend whom confirms it to be much later more like september,

i still remember it being march.

although i wonder if this is a mechinism as the hospital time i was under so much morphine that i was in danger of overdosing

the pain levels were undesciberble. i had no brain injury tho i snappped both Zygomas (upper cheek bones) broke my nose and jaw , plastic surgeons did a good job rebuilding me

other memory problem odity
i seem to have forgotten about a day but only parts of it before the accident remember bits but not others
it isnt coming back either
no flashbacks just uncomfortable feelings when people remind me or talk about the accident say how lucky i am or how i nearly died (bl**dy family )

Lizzy remebers everything she never passed out in her accident and she remebers it day to day

i dont .... not sure what is worse
we just learn to deal with it

familys help in some ways like recovery and for that we are very thankful
but afterwards they hinder by pressureing you not to do things that are in the blood .....
.....like biking

regards

Ian & Lizzie