Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone newbee here
Hi everyone

Been going to the head injury clinic in Aylesbury for a while now and only just noticed a poster for this site. What a great idea and so pleased to be in contact with people who have been through the same kind of thing.

Well this my story, probably similar to a few others.

Going to work on the 20th Dec 2006, riding my Pan European it was foggy but not so bad as not to be able to ride, about 2 mins from work I see a set of head lights coming towards me, then when I was about 10mtrs away another set appeared next to them, another car was bloody overtaking!!! I was doing 35 and he was doing about 45.
At the last moment I lent the bike two the left trying to avoid a full head on smack.
This resulted in:- broken / disclocated ankle, completely smashed lower leg, fractured upper leg, fractured hip, fractured wrist, comletely smashed lower arm, fractured / disclocated elbow, radial nerve damadge, internal bleeding and a head injury.
Came round on the 10th Jan 2007, Merry Xmas!
Spent 5 mnths in hospital, 7 mnths in plaster. Been left with permanent disablement in my right arm and right leg plus the memory loss. This is so frustrating, lost some long term memory and short term is very hit and miss. Need to write everything down.
For the last 8 mnths I have been in a battle with the DWP trying to get DLP and Mobility, I keep this for another day.

Look forward to chatting with you all

cheers Gary

Messages In This Thread
Hi everyone newbee here - by madkoka - 15/04, 09:04 PM
RE: Hi everyone newbee here - by PeteSa - 15/04, 09:40 PM
RE: Hi everyone newbee here - by Helen - 18/04, 06:18 PM
RE: Hi everyone newbee here - by madkoka - 18/04, 10:10 PM
RE: Hi everyone newbee here - by Helen - 18/04, 10:49 PM
RE: Hi everyone newbee here - by madkoka - 18/04, 11:08 PM
RE: Hi everyone newbee here - by Helen - 22/04, 09:46 PM
RE: Hi everyone newbee here - by madkoka - 23/04, 10:26 AM
RE: Hi everyone newbee here - by PeteSa - Yesterday, 11:36 AM